Make time to make a difference with Kiwanis!
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership in Kiwanis is open to men and women who are interested in their community and other people. Kiwanians are engaged in education, government, banking, marketing, agriculture, international trade, non-profit organizations, and many other fields. They are corporate officers, managers, small business owners, and self-employed professionals. They are young individuals embarking on careers, successful executives, and active retirees.
A person may be accepted as a member of the club either by sponsorship of a current member or by means of transfer or referral from another club. All that is necessary is a willingness to attend meetings, work on projects, and help make a difference in the community. Members are approved by the board of directors. New members participate in an orientation program which helps them determine how to become involved in ways that best match their personal interests and skills. Dues are modest and assessed annually.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Kiwanis offers an opportunity for personal involvement in the leadership and improvement of the community, the nation, and world. While service is what Kiwanians are known for, their club offers much more. Meetings and projects provide fellowship that is sincere and lasting. New members quickly learn that the benefits of membership increase with their level of participation in their club. They find the "Kiwanis Connection" to be an excellent fit in their personal and professional lives.
Membership in a Kiwanis club connects a person with the community and other individuals he or she wouldn't otherwise know. Club members learn about developments and happenings in their community during their regular club gatherings. They also enjoy new social and business networking opportunities with the wide variety of members in their club. And, together, they combine their interests and skills to improve their community in ways that make a real impact in the lives of others, particularly children.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
You may find that you have a friend or business acquaintance who is a member of our club. If not, then you will be paired with a club member with whom you have a career or other interest in common. That member will invite you to a meeting and be your sponsor should you decide to join.
To learn more:
or write to us at:
Kiwanis Club of Chester
PO Box 2275Chester
23831 Come join and be our newest member!
Picture: Installation of Club Officers Banquet, Dante's Colonial Heights, VA 09-26-2016.
Copyright © by Kiwanis Club of Chester, Virginia All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2006-01-25 (20418 reads)[ Go Back ]